Pages

Monday 24 July 2017

Holidays

Holidays 
This morning, we wrote 5 basic sentences about our holidays. We looked at a range of different connectives that will improve our writing. A connective is a word that joins simple sentences , e.g. such as, never the less, in spite of etc. next we spent time improving out 5 basic sentences by using connectives. Do you use connectives? If so, which ones? 


For the first week of the holidays I lazily lay on the couch most of the time watching netflix.
Nearly everyday we jumped in the car and traveled to Invercargill to see my Poppa because he was in hospital.
Despite the bad weather my mum, my brother and I still went to kidzone for the day.
For a couple days I stayed in a house that my aunty was renting in Invercargill and since it was cold my cousins and I tried to light the fire but nearly burnt the whole house down.
Near the end of the holidays we took a trip to town to watch the new spiderman movie with my cousins while eating lots of lollies and popcorn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte
    You have got some great connectives. What show were you watching on Netflix?

    Carey
    Year 6
    Drummond School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i'm Chloe I go to yaldhurst model school. looks like you had fun in the holidays. thats not good that you nearly burnt down the house next time try to be careful.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.