Pages

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Speechboard

Speech Board

Every year at Drummond School we have Speech board and we have to pick a subject based on the inquiry topic. Speech board helps us with our oral language skills (speaking and listening). We have to write a speech then get bullet points off it and put them on a google slide with lots of pictures, then we have to write a poem and learn it off by heart, we also have to get a blurb out of a book and it has to be 100 words, last we have to do an impromptu speech which could be a welcome or a thank you but the juniors had to answer a fake phone call.

The most challenging thing would be learning the poem and doing the impromptu speech because it was hard practising it when you didn’t know what it was going to be. If I was to do it again I would get more practise and try to get a higher mark. There is Fail which is the lowest then: Pass, Commended, Highly Commended and Distinction.

My topic was the Hector's Dolphin, my book was ‘Wonder’ by R.J. Palacio and I wrote a poem called ‘That was the Holidays’. Then I had to thank a Hector's Dolphin expert that came to share their knowledge with the school.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte!
    I love your slide and all the facts!
    I never knew about any of theses facts and the kiwi one shocked me!
    What's your favorite fact out of all of them?
    Thanks Lucy from Yaldhurst Model School (YMS)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.