Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Survivor Island Day

Novel Study
Monday September the 18th room 4 and some of  room 3 did a survival day. First thing in the morning we brought all our stuff in but we were only allowed to have 10 things between everyone in our team and we had 5 people in our team so we brought two things each but in the morning we got to collect points by doing maths and Ixl then we traded in the points for anything that we didn't have but we needed. When we got all the stuff we needed we set out and picked a small square for our team that have already marked out for us, then we started to build our fire which we had to keep going the whole time so we could cook our lunch. Then we had to make a TP that fit all of our team in it and kept us warm and dry and then at the end Miss Spittle tipped a bucket of water of our TP while we were in it to see if it worked. After that we had to make a stretcher for the injured person because we had to fall out of a plane to get on the island and one of our team mates had to get injured, then after we made the stretcher we had to carry the injured person to the fence and back. In my team we had Emma, Carey, Thomas, Caitlin and I.
I learnt how to make a decent stretcher with just a sheet and some sticks. We cooked on our fire; marshmallows, chocolate fingers, chicken balls, bacon and sausages. I enjoyed making the fire and keeping it going the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.