Pages

Monday 31 July 2017

Novel Study 100 Word Challenge #2

This week I was working on my second 100 Word challenge for the next 3 chapters on my novel study. Something I was working on was creating a picture in the readers mind and keeping it to only 100 words.

100 Word Challenge
Chapters 4-6

It was the second day at our new home and I was arranging my dolls on my shelves all around the room when Bruno rushed through the door yelling my name. ¨Do you ever knock? Bruno!¨ I yelled in frustration. ¨You have to come see this Gretel!¨ I followed him down the hallway where he was walking slowly down to the small narrow window inside his room. I took a look outside the window but all I saw was trees then in the distance where Bruno was pointing to was a little farm and there were lots of people were running around but they were all boys and there were no girls at all.    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte
    You carefully explained the scene, giving the reader a clear idea of where Gretel is in the story " The Boy in the striped pyjamas' - are you able to build a bigger picture of the situation?
    Please also add more detail to your description

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School I like this post because you have explained the why you did this. A question for you is that the hundred word challenge, do you need perfectly one hundred words or do you just need less than one hundred words.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.