Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Novel Study Memoir Poem

Today we were working on our second memoir poem for our novel study. Our success criteria was to be really descriptive and make sure that our adjectives and nouns were more than one syllable. To plan this we had to use an ANV (Adjective, Noun, Verb) chart. 

Memoir Poem
The concentration camp was rough enough.
The smoke smelt horrendous, the fence was towering and the food here was basically crumbs.
The powerful creek was streaming and the rusty dirt was crumbling.
The barbed fence was soaring above us.
Weakening jews were stumbling and cruel Nazis were beating the innocent.
Cold-blooded soldiers were gassing.
Weak. Depressed. Scared

Scared for my life.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte
    Nice poem! I really like the word 'innocent' that you used. If you were to do this again what would you change to make it better.

    Emma
    RM4
    Drummond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte
    I like the way you have used your ANV plan to help you craft you poem to give us a picture of scene at situation.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte,

    I really liked your poem. I loved how you used 'cold-blooded' to describe the soldiers.

    Megan
    Year 8
    Drummond Primary School

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte ,

    i really liked your poem i like how you used the word depressed,who is your favorite character in the book.

    Flynn

    Room 4

    Drummond primary school

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great poem Charlotte, I really liked how you used lot's of different words like describing ones, such as horrendous and, well the list goes on. What was your poem about, from which book is it from?
    Kind regards,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Charlotte, I'm Bella from Yaldhurst model school in Rimu.
    I love your poem because it's got good describing words in it. I think you did a really good job.
    WELL DONE
    kind regards,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.