Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Novel Study Memoir Poem

Today the class was working on writing a poem on our novel study, I had to do it on my book ´The Boy In Striped Pajamas.´ We did most of the sentences with an ANV (Adjective,Noun,Verb) chart. We had to put a picture in the readers mind of what was actually happening. We had to describe the scene and the situation. 

Memoir Poem 



The new house was significant enough, it had dull concrete walls, a tedious oak tree and a tiny yard.
Hopeless case Gretel was wondering up and down the halls.
The tiresome trees were swaying and there were weak jews wandering in the camp.
There were scary soldiers marching all around the house and dreadful Hitler was gassing. Brainwashed Nazis were banishing the innocent.
Scared. Confused. Worried.
Terrified for my life.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte
    Thanks for the clear description, like the end sentence too and your list of verbs,
    You linked the reader into these three chapters of your novel
    Nice effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,

    Good job it realy tells how the person feels. it sound like it would be scary.

    Danni
    Room 4
    Drummond primary school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte,

    I really liked your poem. It was very descriptive and I love your use of words.

    Megan
    Year 8
    Drummond Primary School

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte,

    Good Job on this post and when you discribe the scene.

    Angelo
    RM4
    Drummond Pramary School

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte

    I love the Adjectives you used. When you were describing the scenery I could make a picture in my head of what you were talking about.

    Khali
    Yr 6
    Drummond Primary School

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte

    I really like your poem.I could paint a picture in my brain. What was your favourite part?

    Carey
    Year6
    Drummond school


    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.